WONDERFUL A LEVEL RESULTS
Once again, sixth form students at Sheldon have been celebrating some excellent A level results. An impressive total of 27 achieved 3 grade As or better, amongst them five who will be heading off to Oxford or Cambridge – a record for the school.
· Joe Emsley (3A*, 1A) is off to Oxford to study chemistry;
· Liam Hammond (3A*, 2A) to Cambridge to study natural sciences;
· Peter Hanks (2A*, 3A) to Oxford to study economics;
· Stephen Hayes (3A*, 2A) to Oxford to study chemistry;
· Jemima Love (2A*, 2A) to Cambridge studying law.
In addition to these, the following students achieved 4As or better:
· Harriet Warren (1A*, 4A) studying ancient history at Birmingham;
· Aidan Brown (3A*, 1A) studying civil engineering at Southampton;
· Jack Ryan (3A*, 1A) studying mathematics at Warwick;
· Alan Beavan (1A*, 3A) studying zoology at Manchester;
· Nadia Gaboc (1A*, 3A) studying international relations at Nottingham.
The average points score per student was again above 370 points (942 DfE points), which equates to ABB at A level with a grade B at AS.
We are very pleased with the performance of the students and are delighted that so many are off to reputable universities and other highly regarded higher educational institutions. As well as the success of the Oxbridge students, we are also thrilled that so many students have achieved their own personal targets. 73 of the year group achieved at least one grade A, which is no mean feat, and nearly 10% of the grades were A*, which is very special.
RECORD GCSE RESULTS 2013
Our students and teachers are celebrating the school’s best ever GCSE results: 91% achieved 5 or more A*-C grades and 73% achieved 5 or more A*-C grades including English and maths. In terms of the EBacc percentage, Sheldon scored 42%, which is more than twice that for schools nationally and is the best ever figure recorded at the school. 45 students achieved 8 or more A*/A grades with an incredible 22 achieving 10 or more.
Top performers were:
• Shaun Andrews – 11A* and 1A;
• Jennifer Davidson – 10A*, 2A;
• Jessica Law and Kathryn Pugh – 9A*, 4A;
• Sophie Borreson and Sophie Trott – 9A*, 3A;
• Joe Merriman – 8A*, 3A;
• Lucy Moor – 8A*, 2A
• Lucy Hardingham – 6A*, 6A;
• Joseph Blackwell – 6A*, 5A;
• Jack Brett and Elinor Tedds – 5A*, 6A;
• Laura Bailey – 4A*, 8A.
57% of entries were grade B or above and 28% A or above. 30% achieved the impressive benchmark of at least 5 A*/A grades including English and maths.
We are thrilled with the results. Our staff and students have worked incredibly hard this year and we are delighted that this has paid off. There has been a lot of conjecture nationally about tightening up in standards particularly in the core subjects, but this year ours have done exceptionally well: maths, English and science all securing over 80% grades at C and above. What is most encouraging is that our students have been rewarded with really good results following their tremendous efforts this year, which will set them up well for the next stages in their lives. Many of them we will look forward to seeing back here in the sixth form.
More detailed analysis can be found for results in examinations over the past five years by clicking on the relevant tab.
- 2013 A Level Results
- 2013 GCSE Results