Summer 2020 Exam Results
Results are the property of the student and will not be passed to anyone else, via any method, without the express written permission of the student.
Results can be emailed or passed to a third party provided the student has given their written consent (students please email firstname.lastname@example.org before results day).
Unfortunately results cannot be provided over the telephone.
If you have recently moved or changed any of your contact details, please contact the school.
We confirm that publication of examination results for summer 2020 will take place as follows:
GCSEs – Thursday 20 August 2020
Year 11 – Collection in person from 0830 to 1100 (see letter here)
Y12 (GCSE resits) – Collection in person, timings as above – Sixth Form Study Area - First Fire Exit
Year 9 and 10 – Results will be posted on Thursday (see letter here)
For students collecting their results in person, because of COVID-19, arrangements have been put in place to enable social distancing. The letters (links above) indicate the venues and timings.
For third parties collecting results, please bring a proof of ID.
Any uncollected results will be posted by first class mail at the end of Thursday.
Students' Sheldon email accounts will remain active until at least October (even if a student leaves the school). It is our preference to direct communications via school emails, so we encourage students to check they can still access their Sheldon account.
Post Results Support
Students will receive additional information with their results in August. This will include:
- How to contact the exams office (email@example.com).
- Careers guidance and support will be available from Mrs J Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sixth Form / Head of Year availability / contact details (email@example.com).
- Further information about autumn resit opportunities (also see the letters above regarding results days).
- Results dates for the additional autumn exam series are:-
- AS/A2 - Thursday 17 December 2020
- GCSE - English Language and Maths only - Thursday 14 January 2021
- GCSE - All subjects except English Language and Maths - Thursday 11 February 2021
This summer the standard post-results services, such as access to scripts, reviews of marking, and reviews of moderation, will not apply. Instead information on the processes can be found within the following documents:-
- Sheldon's process for determining examinations grades for summer 2020.
- Head's letter of 17 July 2020 re summer examinations results information.
- Sheldon School Summer 2020 Exams Results and Appeals Procedure.
- Appeals Form.
All queries regarding results should be directed to the exams office in the first instance.