Results are the property of the student and will not be passed to anyone else, via any method, without the express written permission of the student.
Results can be emailed or passed to a third party provided the student has given their written consent (students please email email@example.com well before results day). Unfortunately results cannot be provided over the telephone.
Students' Sheldon email accounts will remain active until at least October (even if a student leaves the school). In the first instance, it is our preference to direct communications via school emails, so we encourage students to check they can still access their Sheldon account.
Post Results Support
Students will received additional information with their results including:-
- How to contact the exams office (firstname.lastname@example.org). The exams office is the initial point of contact for all queries.
- Careers guidance and support is available from Mrs J Brown (email@example.com).
- Sixth Form contact details (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For the autumn 2020 exam season JCQ and the exam boards are currently finalising arrangements regarding post-results services. Services will include clerical checks, reviews of marking, and access to scripts. The costs and deadlines will be published here in due course and the information will also included with the students' results. Written consent by the student is required prior the school making any application.
NEWS – Summer 2020 Exam Certificates
Certificates will be available for collection from Sheldon reception from Tuesday 1st December until Wednesday 16th December 2020 inclusive.
To assist with social distancing, may we please request that collection is only made between 3.30pm and 4pm. If it is not possible to collect during this time, please let us know, and we will make an alternative arrangement. If you are collecting on behalf of your child, please bring a proof identity (photo ID such as driving licence), as we may need to check this.
Uncollected certificates will be posted home at a later date. However, this year we are trying to avoid this, as we are required to use the recorded delivery signed for service, and with the post office not collecting personal signatures upon delivery, this is not as secure.
If your child has a sibling here, they can also collect the certificates from reception. If you have any queries please email me at email@example.com
Exam board results certificates are important legal documents and should be retained carefully. If certificates have been lost, and exam board documentation is required, information on how to do this can be found here. Exam boards do charge for this service. In some cases, depending upon date, the school can provide proof of attainment from our records.
Certificates from summer exams are normally issued to schools during late October/November. We then contact students to collect their certificates, hopefully prior to the Christmas break. We do urge students to collect their certificates as schools are required to destroy them after a year.
If sending via post, regulations require the school to obtain a signature, so we will use the Royal Mail signed for service.
Autumn 2020 Exam Season
Further information about autumn resit opportunities.
- Information for students about exam conditions, can be found here.
- Results dates for the additional autumn exam series are:-
- AS/A2 - Thursday 17 December 2020
- GCSE - English Language and Maths only - Thursday 14 January 2021
- GCSE - All subjects except English Language and Maths - Thursday 11 February 2021
More information will be posted here once detailed timetables etc are published by exam boards. The government's announcement can be read here.
Students are normally issued with their personal exam timetables prior the Easter break. It should be noted that a contingency period may be added to the exam series, but we await news on this.
Summer 2020 - Ofqual information for students
An Ofqual student guide can be found here. This answers many questions you may have, particularly about appeals.
Additional information regarding appeals - Ofqual's summary guidance on appeals, malpractice and maladministration complaints for GCSE, AS and A level grades in England was published on 26 August 2020. This can be found here.
This summer the standard post-results services, such as access to scripts, reviews of marking, and reviews of moderation, will not apply. Instead information on the processes can be found within the following documents:-
- Sheldon's process for determining examinations grades for summer 2020.
- Head's letter of 17 July 2020 re summer examinations results information.
- Sheldon School Summer 2020 Exams Results and Appeals Procedure.
- Appeals Form.
Summer 2021 Exam Dates
The government announced on 12 October 2020 that:
- The summer 2021 exam series will start on 7 June and end on 2 July for almost all AS/A levels and GCSEs.*
- *One maths and one English GCSE exam will be held just before the May half-term, giving any Year 11 pupils who are affected by Covid-19 the best possible chance of still sitting a paper in each of these core subjects.
- Results days are Tuesday 24 August for A/AS levels and Friday 27 August for GCSEs so students will start the following academic year as normal.
More information will be posted here when detailed timetables are available.
Regulation of Exams
Most of the exams at Sheldon are regulated by JCQ, the Joint Council for Qualifications. This body is responsible for the framework around how exams and other assessments are conducted. More information can be found here.
It is important that students are aware of the expectations and responsibilities with regard to exams: