Summer 2020 Exam Results
Results are the property of the student and will not be passed to anyone else, via any method, without the express written permission of the student.
Results can be emailed or passed to a third party provided the student has given their written consent (students please email email@example.com before results day). Unfortunately results cannot be provided over the telephone.
Publication of examination results for summer 2020:
GCSEs – Thursday 20 August 2020
Year 11 – Collection in person from 0830 to 1100 (see letter here)
Y12 (GCSE resits) – Collection in person, timings as above – Sixth Form Study Area - First Fire Exit
Year 9 and 10 – Results will be posted on Thursday (see letter here)
Students' Sheldon email accounts will remain active until at least October (even if a student leaves the school). It is our preference to direct communications via school emails, so we encourage students to check they can still access their Sheldon account.
Post Results Support
Students will received additional information with their results in August. This included:-
- How to contact the exams office (firstname.lastname@example.org). The exams office is the initial point of contact for all queries.
- Careers guidance and support is available from Mrs J Brown (email@example.com).
- Sixth Form contact details (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Autumn Exam Season
- Further information about autumn resit opportunities (also see the letters above regarding results days).
- Results dates for the additional autumn exam series are:-
- AS/A2 - Thursday 17 December 2020
- GCSE - English Language and Maths only - Thursday 14 January 2021
- GCSE - All subjects except English Language and Maths - Thursday 11 February 2021
Ofqual information for students
An Ofqual student guide can be found here. This answers many questions you may have, particularly about appeals.
Additional information regarding appeals - Ofqual's summary guidance on appeals, malpractice and maladministration complaints for GCSE, AS and A level grades in England was published on 26 August 2020. This can be found here.
This summer the standard post-results services, such as access to scripts, reviews of marking, and reviews of moderation, will not apply. Instead information on the processes can be found within the following documents:-
- Sheldon's process for determining examinations grades for summer 2020.
- Head's letter of 17 July 2020 re summer examinations results information.
- Sheldon School Summer 2020 Exams Results and Appeals Procedure.
- Appeals Form.
Summer 2021 Exams - Provision dates:
**In light of the pandemic, these dates are currently under consideration by Ofqual / the Department of Education, so are subject to change.**
If you are planning for summer 2021, the following may be useful:-
GCSE and GCE exams are currently scheduled to commence on Monday 10 May 2021.
The final GCSE is currently scheduled to take place on Wednesday 23 June 2021.
The final GCE is currently scheduled to take place on Monday 28 June 2021.
In addition please note the all students sitting public exams must be available up to and including Tuesday 29 June 2021. This is a cotingency period and is in place in case of local or national emergency.
More detailed timetable information can be found on the exam board websites. Our students are normally issued with personal exam timetables prior to the Easter break.
Regulation of exams
Most of the exams at Sheldon are regulated by JCQ, the Joint Council for Qualifications. This body is responsible for the framework around how exams and other assessments are conducted. More information can be found here.
It is important that students are aware of the expectations and responsibilities with regard to exams: