The Pupil Premium is additional funding allocated to schools in order to:
- raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap with their peers
- support children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces
Disadvantaged pupils are considered to be:
- Children who have been known to be eligible for Free School Meals at any time in the last 6 years – FSM6
- Looked After Children – LAC
- Children that have been adopted from care or who have left care – post LAC
NB – service children are not deemed to be disadvantaged pupils.
See the attachment for information about:
- Use of funding
- Tracking and monitoring
- Impact of funding
Free School Meals
Free School Meals are confidential
Sheldon's biometric cashless catering system means that it is easy for pupils to buy a free school meal without anyone else knowing. Pupils whose parents have registered for free meals have the value of a meal credited automatically on to their biometric account. They use their pin code or finger scan to purchase their meal in the normal way.
Eligibility for free school meals
A child will be eligible for free school meals if their parents or guardians are in receipt of:
- Universal credit
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance
- Child tax Credit, as long as you are not entitled to any element of Working Tax Credit and the family income does not exceed £16,190
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Why do we want to encourage registration for free school meals?
Even if a pupil chooses not to get their free meal, the school receives additional funding for every child registered. Pupils who are registered for free meals are also eligible for other support from the school, such as for trips and uniform.
How to apply
Download one of the forms below or telephone the school office on 01249 766020 and we will send you a form. Complete the form, then return it to school with confirmation of your entitlement to one of the benefits listed. Alternatively, you can get the form stamped at Job Centre Plus in Chippenham before returning it to Sheldon.
If you need any more information, please go to the Wiltshire Council website or telephone reception.